How to Convert PDF files to iWork Numbers on Mac?
Lighten PDF to Numbers Converter for Mac is designed for converting PDFs to iWork Numbers. So you can easily edit or organize data in Numbers.
It's easy to use, once you launch PDF to Numbers for Mac, you'll see following interface. It's intuitive, you can see all the functions and the built-in PDF Reader.
1. Just drag and drop PDF files into the app to get started, or click 'Add Files' button to browse your finder.
2. Choose an output folder to store the converted numbers files.
3. Click ¡®Convert¡¯ button, conversion will start instantly. After conversion, you can open the output folder or click the shortcut link to open the output numbers file directly.
No matter how complex your PDF files are, PDF to Numbers Converter can always convert table data accurately.
The app can detect table automatically base on table borders and data structures. You can click on the ¡®Show table' button to show the detection result.
If you find the table is not correctly recognized, please go to following step to mark table manually.
If the table doesn¡¯t have any border lines, or has complex layouts, you can mark table areas manually. You can also add columns or row lines, merge or split cells before conversion.
If you want to learn more about marking table areas manually, please go to this tutorial: Tips for converting table data more accurately>>
In this case, the output file will become exactly like the original PDF, so you don¡¯t need to spend lots of effort reformatting the table after PDF to Numbers conversion.
Click ¡®Setting¡¯, you can customize output setting according to your needs.
Convert each page into individual sheet (Default)
* Each page will be converted into individual sheet
Convert all pages in one sheet
* The whole PDF will be converted into one sheet
Convert table only
* If this setting is selected, only table data will be converted, and all the tables will be place on the left side instead of the original location.
Text and graphic will be removed.
Convert table and text content only
* If this setting is selected, tables and text will be preserved, graphic will be removed.
Convert all the original contents (Default)
* This setting will preserve everything and convert everything into the output file.
Convert numbers cell with number format.
* If the number data is formatted with or without thousand separator, they will be formatted as number in output file. e.g., 1,234.01, 1234.01. But if there¡¯s currency symbols, or other format, data will be formatted as ¡®Text¡¯ instead of number, e.g. $14,000, 14 000.
This version doesn't have OCR function, if the PDF file is a scanned document or image-only, it will output image instead of editable contents. And if you open the output file in Numbers 5 or above, after editing and saving, the new numbers files can't be opened in former version, say 4.2.2. It's the compatibility problem of iWork apps.